Cloud and Networking news for the week of October 13th
- Google researchers found a flaw in SSL 3.0 (CVE-2014-3566) that allows the POODLE attack (Padding Oracle On Downgraded Legacy Encryption). VNS3 customers do not need patches or new builds, but check for our latest security updates and best practices here.
- Andreessen Horowitz blog: What All the Recent Tech Company Splits Say about the Future of Cloud Computing
- InforWorld: You can rise with public clouds or sink with private >> David Linthicum argues that the benefits of public cloud are starting to outshine private cloud costs. He writes, "Owning a private cloud still means owning hardware and software."
- Bloomberg: EMC Acquiring Cloud-Computing Startup Cloudscaling
- CloudWedge: Docker Gets Windows Server Support
- Vote for VNS3: We're a finalist in Best Software-Defined Infrastructure Impact Award on TechTarget and the SVC awards for Cloud Security Product of the Year and Vendor Reseller Channel Program of the Year
- New Video how to: How to use Suricata for network intrusion detection (NIDS) on VNS3
Catch up with the CohesiveFT team:
- Oct 28 - 29 Chris Swan and Patrick Kerpan attending OpenNetworking User Group (ONUG) in New York
- Nov 4 - 6 sponsoring Web Summit in Dublin
- Nov 6 -7 Chris Swan presenting at GOTO Berlin "Docker - A Lot Changed in a Year" in the DevOps & Continuous Delivery track. Friday 11:30 - 12:20 Location: Hall 2
- Nov 11 - 14 sponsoring AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas at stand 1033