|Frankfurt, Germany, home to the second AWS region in Europe. Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons|
Cloud and Networking news for the week of October 20th
- Gigaom: AWS comes to Germany as Amazon unveils second EU region, out of Frankfurt. Read Jeff Barr's blog about it here.
- TechCrunch: 10 Trends Transforming Enterprise IT >> cloud, virtualization, and security rank high on the list
- Network Computing: Learning Lessons Through Security Struggles
- ZDnet: Microsoft and IBM commit to providing their enterprise software on Azure, IBM clouds >> IBM's middleware software, such as WebSphere and DB2 database will be able to run in VMs on Azure.
- Venture Beat: Can Amazon and Microsoft be beat in IaaS?
- Three times the voting fun! CohesiveFT and VNS3 are nominated in 3 voting awards right now:
- Finalist in Best Software-Defined Infrastructure Impact Award on TechTarget
- SVC awards for Cloud Security Product of the Year and Vendor Reseller Channel Program of the Year
- UP Conference Awards in the Best Cloud Security Solution
- Sam Mitchell is featured in HPC Wire: Fresh Approaches to Extending Enterprise HPC to Public Clouds
Catch up with the CohesiveFT team:
- Oct 28 - 29 Chris Swan attending OpenNetworking User Group (ONUG) in New York
- Nov 3 - CloudCamp Chicago Fintech featuring Dwight Koop
- Nov 4 - 6 sponsoring Web Summit in Dublin
- Nov 6 -7 Chris Swan presenting at GOTO Berlin "Docker - A Lot Changed in a Year" in the DevOps & Continuous Delivery track. Friday 11:30 - 12:20 Location: Hall 2
- Nov 11 - 14 sponsoring AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas at stand 1033